Effetto Mariposa Frame Protection Film Shelter Road Kit
Protect your precious bike frame with the Effetto Mariposa Frame Protection Film Shelter Road Kit. Crafted with high-quality materials, this transparent adhesive tape offers robust shock and scratch resistance, ensuring reliable protection for your carbon fiber or metal structures. Designed specifically for heavier duty off-road riding, the "Off-Road" version of Shelter is perfect for adventurous cyclists seeking ultimate frame protection.
Ultimate Frame Protection:
Safeguard your bike's frame from the rigors of off-road adventures with the Frame Protection Film Shelter Road Kit. This durable adhesive tape shields your carbon fiber or metal structures from impacts, scratches, and debris, preserving the pristine appearance of your bike.
Shock and Scratch Resistance:
Built to withstand the toughest conditions, Shelter Road provides superior shock and scratch resistance, ensuring your frame stays safe and blemish-free throughout your off-road escapades.
Clear and Transparent:
The transparent nature of Shelter Road allows your frame's original finish to shine through, maintaining its sleek appearance. Enjoy frame protection without compromising your bike's aesthetics.
The Shelter Road Kit offers hassle-free application, thanks to its adhesive backing. Simply apply the tape to the desired areas of your bike's frame, and it adheres securely, ready to provide reliable protection.
Ideal for Off-Road Riding:
Tailored for heavy-duty off-road adventures, Shelter Road is the perfect companion for mountain biking, gravel riding, and other adventurous pursuits. Ride with confidence, knowing your frame is well-protected.
Built to endure the harshest conditions, the Frame Protection Film Shelter Road Kit boasts long-lasting durability, ensuring prolonged protection for your bike frame.
Preserve Your Bike's Value:
Protecting your bike's frame with Shelter Road helps maintain its resale value, as it prevents damage and wear, keeping your bike in top condition.
Enjoy Adventure Without Worries:
Embrace the thrill of off-road riding and exploration, knowing that your bike's frame is guarded by the reliable Shelter Road Kit.
Upgrade your bike's defense with the Effetto Mariposa Frame Protection Film Shelter Road Kit. Conquer rugged terrains and bumpy trails with peace of mind, knowing your frame is shielded from harm.
Features of Effetto Mariposa Frame Protection Film Shelter Road Kit
- Invisible frame protection, against scratches and impacts
- Easy to apply, strong adhesion also on curved surfaces
- Doesn’t turn yellow over time
- Ideal for protecting carbon or metal parts
- Visco-elastic behaviour reduced vibrations
Characteristics of Effetto Mariposa Frame Protection Film Shelter Road Kit
Shelter Off-Road has a 0,2 mm scratch-resistant upper layer with a gummy (viscoelastic) 1 mm layer underneath. This unique, composite construction allows Shelter to spread impact energy within its structure, without transmitting it or reducing it very efficiently. Shelter Off-Road is the thickest Shelter, and it's perfect for heavier duty off-road riding. Shelter Road (0,6 mm thick) is best for lighter off-road riding or gravel/cyclocross applications. Shelter ZeroDue (0,2 mm thick) is great for the protection of road bikes or surfaces mostly subject to wear and friction, like crank arms.
With a weight of 0,130 g per square centimetre, Shelter Off-Road generates the following results:
- Shelter Kit Off-Road: approx. 39 g (total weight of all the elements of the Kit)
- Shelter Roll Off-Road (58 mm x 5 m, 1,2 mm thick): approx. 350 g.
- Shelter Kit Off-Road: a sheet with pre-cut elements specific for off-road purposes, to easily protect sensitive frame areas (chainstays, down tube, cable/frame contact points, horizontal tube against brake levers contact).
Easy To Apply Effetto Mariposa Frame Protection Film Shelter Road Kit
Adhesion of Shelter is defined as "semi-structural", so very strong but not permanent. After being applied, it takes Shelter 8 hours before developing its optimal bonding. After that, normal bicycle use or washing won’t affect it, but it can be removed – if needed – without damaging the underlying paint.
Application of Shelter doesn't require special tools or procedures, just normal skills and patience:
- After removing cables or other interfering elements, clean the area where you want to apply the Shelter with alcohol and a clean cloth. Remove traces of dried-up alcohol with another clean, dry cloth;
- Take the suitable pre-cut Shelter element or cut a custom made Shelter piece, without removing the backing paper;
- Make sure the element fits the area you want to protect and make sure your hands are clean. After that, completely remove the backing paper, freeing the adhesive surface (try not to touch the adhesive surface with your fingers, or do it as little as possible: being transparent, fingerprints might show);
- Gently position the Shelter on the area to protect, without applying pressure and without stretching the material. Re-position it if necessary, until it sits exactly where you want it. At this point, start applying even pressure, working from the centre and going towards the sides, to avoid trapping air bubbles and making wrinkles;
- Work on the whole Shelter element to make it stick to the surface. Insist on the edges and on tightly curved sections to make sure the adhesion is even.
You can use your bicycle immediately after applying the Shelter, remembering that the full adhesion is achieved after 8 hours.
To remove the Shelter, peel it off slowly, making sure not to delaminate it. Doing so, Shelter won't leave any trace of glue on the surface it was formerly attached to, even after several years.
The shelter is transparent but won't turn yellowish over time, thanks to its UV protection. It will even protect the underlaying frame paint from UV degradation. IMPORTANT: after the removal of the Shelter, there may be differences in colour between protected areas and not, in the case of fluorescent paints or bright colours.
Visco-Elasticity Reduces Vibrations
The transmission of vibrational energy through any structure can be reduced by introducing visco-elastic materials at discrete points. It’s exactly what Shelter does, providing stiff carbon frames with protection but also contributing to reducing vibrations. An example of that is Shelter Wheel Kit.
Beware Of Copies!
There are watermark “Shelter Effetto Mariposa” logos inside the Shelter structure, impossible to remove. Both “Effetto Mariposa” and “Shelter” are registered trademarks.
The shelter is made in Italy.