Effetto Mariposa Shelter Off-Road 1.2mm Frame Protection Roll (1M)
Effetto Mariposa Shelter Off-Road Frame Protection Roll is your ultimate solution for reliable and robust protection for your carbon-fiber or metal bike frames. This transparent adhesive tape is designed to withstand shocks and scratches, ensuring your frame stays in pristine condition even during rugged off-road riding.
Rugged Protection for Your Bike Frame:
Safeguard your precious bike frame from the rigors of off-road adventures with Shelter Off-Road. Its 1.2mm thickness provides exceptional shock and scratch resistance, ensuring your frame stays free from unsightly marks.
Transparent and Discreet:
Shelter Off-Road is completely transparent, preserving the original aesthetics of your bike frame without compromising its looks. The adhesive tape blends seamlessly with your bike's design, remaining discreet while offering outstanding protection.
Built for Off-Road Adventures:
Crafted with heavy-duty off-road riding in mind, Shelter Off-Road is designed to endure the toughest conditions. Enjoy peace of mind as you tackle rough terrains and challenging trails.
Easy Application and Long-Lasting Performance:
Applying Shelter Off-Road to your bike frame is a breeze, thanks to its user-friendly design. Once in place, this protective tape offers long-lasting performance, ensuring your frame stays pristine ride after ride.
The 1-meter length of Shelter Off-Road provides ample coverage, allowing you to protect various parts of your bike frame effectively.
Upgrade your off-road biking experience with Effetto Mariposa Shelter Off-Road 1.2mm Frame Protection Roll. Ride with confidence, knowing your bike frame is shielded from shocks and scratches, while still showcasing its original beauty.
Features of Effetto Mariposa Shelter Off-Road 1.2mm Frame Protection Roll
- Invisible frame protection, against scratches and impacts
- Easy to apply, strong adhesion also on curved surfaces
- Doesn’t turn yellow over time
- Ideal for protecting carbon or metal parts
- Visco-elastic behavior reduced vibrations
Characteristics of Effetto Mariposa Shelter Off-Road 1.2mm Frame Protection Roll
Shelter Off-Road has a 0,2 mm scratch-resistant upper layer with a gummy (viscoelastic) 1 mm layer underneath. This unique, composite construction allows Shelter to spread impact energy within its structure, without transmitting it or reducing it very efficiently. Shelter Off-Road is the thickest Shelter, and it’s perfect for heavier duty off-road riding. Shelter Road (0,6 mm thick) is best for lighter off-road riding or gravel/cyclocross applications. Shelter ZeroDue (0,2 mm thick) is great for protection of road bikes or surfaces mostly subject to wear and friction, like crank arms.
With a weight of 0,130 g per square centimeter, Shelter Off-Road generates the following results:
- Shelter Kit Off-Road: approx. 39 g (total weight of all the elements of the Kit)
- Shelter Roll Off-Road (58 mm x 5 m, 1,2 mm thick): approx. 350 g.
- Shelter Kit Off-Road: a sheet with pre-cut elements specific for off-road purposes, to easily protect sensitive frame areas (chainstays, down tube, cable/frame contact points, horizontal tube against brake levers contact).
- Shelter Roll Off-Road: recommended for enthusiasts, shops or teams. Sizes(*): 58 mm x 1 m; 80 mm x 1 m; 58 mm x 5 m; 80 mm x 5 m, 1,2 mm thick.
(*) tolerance +/- 10% on width and length
How to Apply Effetto Mariposa Shelter Off-Road 1.2mm Frame Protection Roll
Adhesion of Shelter is defined “semi-structural”, so very strong but not permanent. After being applied, it takes Shelter 8 hours before developing its optimal bonding. After that, normal bicycle use or washing won’t affect it, but it can be removed – if needed – without damaging the underlying paint.
Application of Shelter doesn’t require special tools or procedures, just normal skills and patience:
1. After removing cables or other interfering elements, clean the area where you want to apply Shelter with alcohol and a clean cloth. Remove traces of dried-up alcohol with another clean, dry cloth;
2. Take the suitable pre-cut Shelter element or cut a custom made Shelter piece, without removing the backing paper;
3. Make sure the element fits the area you want to protect and make sure your hands are clean. After that, completely remove the backing paper, freeing the adhesive surface (try not to touch the adhesive surface with your fingers, or do it as little as possible: being transparent, fingerprints might show);
4. Gently position Shelter on the area to protect, without applying pressure and without stretching the material. Re-position it if necessary, until it sits exactly where you want it. As this point, start applying an even pressure, working from the center and going towards the sides, to avoid trapping air bubbles and making wrinkles;
5. Work on the whole Shelter element to make it stick to the surface. Insist on the edges and on tight curved sections to make sure the adhesion is even.
You can use your bicycle immediately after applying Shelter, remembering that the full adhesion is achieved after 8 hours.
To remove Shelter, peel it off slowly, making sure not to delaminate it. Doing so, Shelter won’t leave any trace of glue on the surface it was formerly attached to, even after several years.
The shelter is transparent but won't turn yellowish over time, thanks to its UV protection. It will even protect the underlaying frame paint from UV degradation. IMPORTANT: after the removal of the Shelter, there may be differences in colour between protected areas and not, in the case of fluorescent paints or bright colours.
Visco-Elasticity Reduces Vibrations
The transmission of vibrational energy through any structure can be reduced by introducing visco-elastic materials at discrete points. It’s exactly what Shelter does, providing stiff carbon frames with protection but also contributing to reducing vibrations. An example of that is Shelter Wheel Kit.
Beware Of Copies!
There are watermark “Shelter Effetto Mariposa” logos inside the Shelter structure, impossible to remove. Both “Effetto Mariposa” and “Shelter” are registered trademarks.
The shelter is made in Italy.