Shimano 105 Hollowtech II FC-R7000 11 Speed 50-34T Front Chainwheel
SHIMANO 105 - HOLLOWTECH II - Road Crankset - 2x11-speed
The redesigned SHIMANO 105 FC-R7000 crank balances weight and efficiency without sacrificing stiffness. Its wider gear pitch increases clearance with small gearings on modern 135mm O.L.D. frames. It is offered in 53-39, 52-36, and 50-34T chainring options and 160, 165, 170, 172.5, and 175mm crank arm lengths. Silky Black and Spark Silver color options are available.
- Optimum power transfer
- Balances weight and efficiency without sacrificing stiffness
- Multiple options provide greater choice
- Rider Tuned performance with numerous gear combinations
- Greater frame compatibility
- Wider gear pitch increases chain clearance with small gearings and allows for 410 mm chain stays on 135 mm O.L.D.
|SERIES||SHIMANO 105 R7000 Series|
|Color||Silky black | Spark silver|
|Average weight||713.4 (50-34T) 742.6 (52-36T) 757.8 (53-39T)|
|Threaded bottom bracket shell width (mm)_70||Yes|
|Chainring combination||50-34T 52-36T 53-39T|
|Compatible bottom bracket type_Outboard||Yes|
|Crank fixing screw included||Yes|
|Crank arm length (mm)||160, 165, 170, 172.5, 175|
|HOLLOWTECH crank arm||Yes|
|Optional chain guard_Without chain/bash guard||Yes|
|Recommended bottom bracket_Press-fit||SM-BB72-41B|
|Recommended bottom bracket_Threaded (normal)||SM-BBR60|
|Threaded bottom bracket shell width (mm)_68||Yes|
|Chain line (mm)||43.5|
|Compatible chain||LINKGLIDE, HG 11-speed|
|P.C.D. left / right (mm)||110|
HOLLOWTECH CRANK ARM:
- Hollow forged crank arms
- A lightweight crankset not only reduces the bike’s weight, but decreases rotating mass to aid in acceleration.
- The challenge is to reduce the weight of the crank without reducing its strength and rigidity.
- SHIMANO’s advanced forging technology has solved the problem through the HOLLOWTECH crank.
- Just like high quality frame tubing, a hollow crank arm can provide amazing strength and rigidity at very lightweight.
- Providing the best balance of stiffness, strength, weight and rotating performance
- The concept of HOLLOWTECH II technology is focused on producing a superior crankset which will maximize a rider’s power transfer. The rigidity of the crankset ensures pedaling efficiency while its weight, a key element of the crankset, you want light, aids in cycling longer distances over which the rider needs to pedal more. Naturally, SHIMANO strove for the optimum balance between the conflicting needs of stiffness while producing a lightweight crank. HOLLOWTECH technology is an ultra-lightweight hollow crankarm created by SHIMANO with the company’s own proprietary forging technology that also maintains rigidity. The addition of HOLLOWTECH II technology integrates the bottom bracket axle with the right crankarm for more stiffness and a weight savings to achieve a high-dimensional balance. Its outboard bottom bracket bearing system provides better weight distribution and more pedaling stability, allowing for more efficient power transfer.
- The HOLLOWTECH II crankset has been developed by pursuing the optimum balance of stiffness & rotating performance in a lightweight and beautiful crankset design.
- High Precision Sealing
- Moreover, HOLLOWTECH II crankset has a high-precision sealing in the bearing area to increase durability maintaining the excellent rotating performance for long periods.
24mm Diameter Axle And Bearings:
- Why choose the 24mm axle and bearings for the HOLLOWTECH II crankset?
- The diameter of the Bottom Bracket axle and bearings was of primary importance for the development because the Bottom Bracket axle area is tied to such key elements as stiffness, strength, weight and rotating performance.
What’s important is the total balance of crankset
- In addition, taking the crankset as a whole, the total balance of crankarm rigidity, axle stiffness, bearing position and others is essential.
- Indeed, the crankset is designed by careful consideration of the total balance of those elements to prevent breakage.
For most frames with 68mm Bottom Bracket shells, HOLLOWTECH II with 24mm axle can set the bearing position outside of the frame to provide better weight distribution and more stability.
24mm Diameter Axle And Bearings Provide Optimum Balance For The Crankset:
- After studying all these problems thoroughly, we made the decision to adopt the 24mm diameter axle and bearings, which have the optimum balance, for the HOLLOWTECH II crankset.
- In addition, an examination of the total crankset, including the crankarm and gears, proves the optimum balance of rigidity, weight and rotating performance for the ultimate transfer of power to your bike. HOLLOWTECH II is simply the most optimized crankset design on the market.