This versatile carbon road wheel is ideal for riders seeking the perfect balance between weight, aerodynamics and efficiency. New spokes and hubs give the Cosmic SL 45 Disc a light and lively feel for climbing and accelerating.
The rim is engineered with a NACA rim profile that’s 45mm deep and 26mm wide, designed specifically for all-rounder performance on flat or hilly terrain. The new rim bed shape makes it easier than ever to fit tubeless and tube-type tires. Riding UST Tubeless means no tube, so no friction, and more air volume means a smoother ride. The result is a faster ride with super low rolling resistance. Refined spokes make this wheelset 80g lighter than its predecessor, the Cosmic Pro Carbon UST Disc. Combined with our all-new Infinity hub platform, which makes the wheels feel quick and responsive out of every corner, they are stiffer and more efficient.
This Cosmic SL 45 Disc is engineered specifically for disc brakes, with an optimized spoke count and lacing. They are offered in Center Lock only and are compatible with 12mm thru-axles and can convert to quick release with included adapters. They are available for Shimano and SRAM XD-R cassettes and convert to Campagnolo with an optional driver body.
These wheels are designed, engineered and patented by Mavic in Annecy, France, and are 100% handmade in our European carbon factory.
Accelerate and climb faster, hold higher speeds
45mm NACA inspired rim shape minimizes drag for added speed. Reduced inertia of the lightweight rim delivers instant acceleration. Flat double butted spokes save weight and improves responsiveness
Versatile performance for all road riding conditions
Minimal drag, low inertia and high lateral stiffness makes it fast and efficient on all types of terrain, from the flats to mountain climbs Disc-brake specific build for improved control and compatibility with 12mm thru axles
Improved UST Road delivers more speed, comfort and control in an easy to use tubeless system
No tubes means less friction, better efficiency and grip, a reduced risk of punctures New rim bed shape makes it easier to mount and change tires
- Material: 100% carbon fiber
- Height: 45 mm
- Drilling: traditional
- Disc brake specific profile
- Tire: UST Tubeless and tubetype
- Internal width: 19 mm
- ETRTO size: 622x19TC Road
- Material: steel
- Shape: straight pull, flat, double butted
- Nipples: brass, ABS
- Count: 24 front and rear
- Lacing: front and rear crossed 2, contactless
- Front and rear bodies: aluminum
- Axle material: aluminum
- Front: Quick release and 12x100 through axle compatible
- Rear: Quick Release, 12x142 and 12x135 compatible
- Infinity Hub
- Instant Drive 360
- QRM Auto
- Disc standard: Center Lock (R) only
- Freewheel: Shimano/Sram or XD-Road
- Freewheel: Shimano/Sram, convertible to Campagnolo and XD-R with optional driver bodies
- Front axle: 12x100 thru axle, easily convertible to quick release with included adapters. Not compatible with 15mm through axles.
- Rear axle: 12mm thru axle, convertible to Quick Release with included adapters
- Instant Drive 360 Freewheel Technology
- UST Tubeless Technology
- QRM Auto Bearing Preload Technology