Designed with features and technologies that are typically reserved for premium race wheels, Aksium delivers quality performance for everyday road riding.
Features include straight-pull spokes for added strength and stiffness, and lightweight rims for a lively ride quality. The rims are now wider, which allows for increased air volume and a better fit for larger diameter tires (up to 32mm).
The hubs are incredibly tough, delivering high mileage and long-lasting dependability. And the QRM bearings are the smoothest in the category. It all adds up to a wheelset that delivers the high-quality ride that Mavic is known for.
Smooth, efficient ride quality for everyday road riding:
Straight-pull spokes are stronger than J-bend options.
Engineered durability so you can ride more miles without service:
Pinned joint and reinforced drilling rim design.
Consistent and stable spoke lacing.
- Material: S6000 Aluminum
- Height: 21 mm
- Joint: pinned
- Drilling: traditional
- Brake track: UB Control
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5 mm
- Tire: clincher
- Internal width: 17 mm
- ETRTO size: 622x17C
- Material: steel
- Shape: straght pull, round (front and rear non drive side) and straight pull, flat (rear drive side)
- Shape: straight pull, round
- Nipples: steel, ABS
- Count: 20 front and rear
- Lacing: radial front and rear non-drive side, crossed 2 rear drive side
- Front and rear bodies: aluminum
- Axle material: steel
- Sealed cartridge bearings (QRM)
- Freewheel: FTS-L steel
- FTS-L freewheel technology
- QRM bearing preload technology
- Color: Black only
- Freewheel: Shimano/Sram, convertible to Campagnolo with optional driver body
- Front axle: Quick Release only
- Rear axle: Quick Release only
FSL-L Freewheel Technology: Force Transfer System. Light Reinforcement of key transmission components: the contact area between the pawl and the hub body is reinforced by 2 stainless steel inserts, which allows the use of a 100% aluminum hub body.