Merida Crossway 40 2022 Bicycle
Hydraulic disc brake featuring trekking/hybrid bike with suspension seat post and fork for added comfort and safety. Your reliable disc brake equipped companion around town and cross country.
Hydraulic disc brake equipped trekking/hybrid bike that combines a lightweight aluminium frame featuring a comfort-orientated geometry with key components like a lockable suspension fork for added comfort and riding safety and reliable Shimano gears, allowing you to tackle steeper slopes with ease. Furthermore, the multiple fixing points make it easy to fit fenders, a rear rack and a kickstand, increasing the day to day versatility.
Low Step Through Frames: Most CROSSWAY models are also available in a low step through frame, providing an opportunity to find the perfect fit without compromising on equipment and functionality.
Crossway Speed Frame: 6061 double butted and technoformed aluminium frame. Equipped with mounts for rack, mudguards and kickstand.
Comfort: All our CROSSWAY models are equipped with suspension forks to iron out any surface bumps. Adjustable ahead stems and suspension seat posts are also fitted on most SPEED models, providing extra comfort and an adjustable riding position. The sportier TFS models feature a regular seat post and stem to reduce weight.
Safety First: All CROSSWAY 100 up to XT-EDITION models feature tyres with reflective strips on their sidewalls, improving visibility on the road.
Adaptability: Mudguards, racks and kickstands can be added to all CROSSWAY models, making them usable in many circumstances.
- Racelite 61 Aluminium: We use a minimum of 6061 aluminium. The pay back is that it’s possible to make lighter and more advanced frames. We use an additional heat treatment and double-butted wall thicknesses to produce light and stiff frames.
- TFS - Techno Forming System: Technoforming is a mechanical forming process, shaping the tubes by using negative moulds, at times combined with an internal metal core.
- F-Mount: ‘F-Mount’ equipped bikes have integrated fittings for mud guards (some bikes require model specific mud guards), making fitting fast and simple.
- K-Mount: Integrated mount on the chainstay to fit a MERIDA kickstand (or any commercial kickstand).
- C-Mount: ‘C-Mount’ equipped bikes have the fixing points for a rear rack already integrated (some bikes require model specific rear rack), making fitting fast, simple and reliable.
Frame Crossway Speed: Material: Aluminium 700C wheelsize 135x9mm axle standard BSA bottom bracket standard
FRAME SIZE XS, S, S/M, M/L, L, XL, XXL
COLOR SILK ANTHRACITE (BLACK/SILVER)
Fork SR Suntour NEX HLO; Coil 63mm suspension travel lockout
Brakes: Shimano ST-EF505; BR-MT200 brake caliper
Rotors: Shimano RT10, 160 mm
Brake Lever: Shimano ST-EF505
Headset: FSA TH888/NO.10
Handlebar: MERIDA CC; Material: aluminium 660mm width 25mm rise
Handlebar Stem: MERIDA TK; material: aluminium 25.4mm diameter adjustable 100 mm all sizes
Grip: MERIDA EC
Derailleur (F): Shimano FD-M370
Derailleur (R): Shimano RD-M370
Shifters: Shimano ST-EF505
Seat Post: MERIDA TK; 27.2mm diameter, 13mm setback, 40mm seatpost suspension travel
Seat Clamp: MERIDA COMP QR
Saddle: MERIDA Cross Sport
Pedal: VP VPE-891
Chain: KMC M99
Chainwheel: Shimano FC-M371; 48-36-26 teeth, 170 mm-XXS/SM, 175 mm-ML/XXL
Crank: 170 mm-XXS/SM, 175 mm-ML/XXL
Freewheel Shimano CS-HG200; 11-32 teeth, 9 speed
Bottom Bracket: FSA TH-7420ST-W, Cartridge Bearing
Hubs: Shimano TX505; 100x9mm width front hub, 32 spoke holes, Centerlock; 135x9mm width rear hub, 32 spoke holes, Centerlock
Rim: MERIDA CC; 17mm inner width, material: aluminium
Tyre Front: MERIDA K1171; 700x40C, wire
Tyre Rear: MERIDA K1171; 700x40C, wire
Spokes: Black steel
Weight: 14.8 kg; weighed at frame size M-L without pedals
Color: Silk Anthracite (Black/Silver), Glossy Teal (Black/Orange)